Breakpoints

RANDOM BLOG POSTS

14.9.07

Potato Queen

With the advent of the internet technology, one can no longer feel alone and different in this world. This is what I felt when I chance upon this set of videos describing what I am really wanting in my life.




Video 1




Video 2


It took out the words from my mind, freaky yet very true. A lot of Asian gays have been curtailed by this barrier, posed by the video, being on the bottom of sexual hierarchy (in lay terms, sexually unattractive). GAYS were shouting for equality and yet within our community we are also exercising a different kind of discrimination.

I had my share of futile attempts to change my appearance, from using colored contact lenses to even dying my hair to blonde, as a Caucasian wannabe. None of them have made me contented. I am still wanting more and that is now expressed thru' having Caucasian boyfriends.




And eventhough I stopped trying to morph myself and decided to go back to my old looks I am still a mutt. I wonder why even in my own country they think I am a foreigner. One time I was in a long line of people getting visas from the Australian embassy in the Philippines when an old lady approached me, and tapped my back;


"Hello! Do you speak "Tagalog"?

Opo lola! (Yes grandma!)

Ay ganun? Akala ko foreigner ka, mukha ka kasing taga-ibang bansa. (Really? I thought you are foreigner, you look like from another country)

Naku lola Pilipinong-pilipino po ako! (Grandma I am a pure Filipino!)


My fascination of what you call, "poster looks" still haunts me up to this day and until we are plagued with this pseudo-thinking of what is beautiful we can never be free. Would you believe it, I even swore that before I die I will have the looks I dream of.

4 comments:

Christian said...

Interesting videos, but I hope that most of them are true any more. Are we Asian men really at the bottom of sexual hierarchy????? Now I am sad...

yoruosu12 said...

@ Christian,

Hi! Thanks for dropping by.

The docu was supposed to be from the Land of Oz. I am here in Dominican Republic (which is in the Caribbean) right now and experience those kind of frowns not only from the Latinos but also of some Europeans who were visiting here. I hope it's not like that in US of A.

Nonetheless, I don't believe that we, my Asian brother, cannot do anything about it. Let's promote and patronize our own kind with at least a goal of having a 50/50 exposure in the media. Write these giant companies or international magazines to at least include an Asian in their commercials and marketing ads with a premise of product refusal if they don't convene.

The least help we can do is to make use of the easy access we have to this promotional tools particularly the internet a.k.a blogging that in time we might edge our cause.

Christian said...

:-)

I will post more pictures of hot Asian men on my blog from now on.

Quentin X said...

I just came across this post today. The film was made 10 years ago. It has changed slightly since then. There are a lot more younger white men who like Asians.