Breakpoints

RANDOM BLOG POSTS

29.1.08

Have you been robbed before?

It was in the morning after I finished my graveyard shift when I discovered that the place where I lived was ransacked. Everything were thrown everywhere. Yes, my place was been robbed, unluckily. Hu! hu! hu!




This is what I get living alone in a foreign land. Maybe the neighborhood is not that safe but what can I do? While on the other side of the city, they rob you too with the skyrocketing rent fees for their apartments. Hell yeah, what's the bloody difference?

You know what the funny thing is I've been living in this apartment for almost 3 years now when they finally decided to add more security. They've put an iron gate exactly in front of my apartment door. I overdid it and got more paranoid and said to myself maybe these was not enough and decided to add a padlock. It takes time for me to open the whole shit but for the reason I wanted my things to be safe I never minded. It never entered my fucking mind they could get on the balcony door. Who could have known that here in DR the robbers are more like spider men and do acrobatic stunts? My place is on the third floor, do the physics. Well, I learned my lesson the hard and costly way. Never to trust the impossible.

With the help of some friends we reported the incident to a seemingly disinterested and incompetent policeman on duty that time. The way he responded made me think otherwise, our report was useless. The only most logical thing to do now is to wander what I have lost and how I can buy a replacement in the next following months. Don't get me all wrong here I am not a materialistic person but one of the things they stole that night is a basic need to thrive here;


It's true you can't live without it in this electric-power forsaken country because of the massive and multiple blackouts they have almost everyday or every night. We're actually making the stockholders for PI manufacturing companies get richer and richer every second of this BS 'apagones'.

3 comments:

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

So sorry to hear that your losses and your less-than-ideal situation. I hope all goes well in the end.

dynk said...

I know how you feel, I was robbed and felt so invaded. Not only did they break my door, and steal my stuff, but invaded my space.

good luck

paul aka dynk

yoruosu12 said...

@ marcus and dynk

Thanks for your concern. Though it's hard am really trying to get over with it and move on.

Thank GOD I already have bought some new ones to replace it. I hope it won't happen to me again.