Breakpoints

RANDOM BLOG POSTS

4.12.07

Do let John go down on me

THE ARTIST



Reginald Kenneth Dwight or mostly known as Sir Elton John is one of the 70's music most dominant force. He has also been named the second most played artist on British radio over the past 20 years after George Michael. Some of his famous characteristics are his ability to quickly craft unique melodies, his rich tenor and now baritone voice, his classical and gospel-influenced piano, the flamboyant fashions and on-stage showmanship. The latter according to him were his way of letting go after such a restrictive childhood.

He has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS since the late 1980s and continues to be a champion for the LGBT social movements up to this day. He established the Elton John AIDS Foundation in 1992, intending to direct 90 percent of the funds it raised to direct care, and 10 percent to AIDS prevention education. He also announced his intention to donate all future royalties from sales of his singles in the U.S. and UK to AIDS research.

John married German recording engineer Renate Blauel but they divorced four years later. John later renounced his bisexuality and came out as being gay instead. He met his Canadian-born partner David Furnish, a former advertising executive and now film maker, in 1993 and on 2005, they entered into a civil partnership.

Within the music industry, Elton is sometimes known as "Sharon", a nickname originally given to him by good pal Rod Stewart.

In the song 'Don't let the sun go down on me' which is the first song in his album Caribou, he sings to someone he has helped and from whom he is now experiencing rejection.

THE SONG


I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

Too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your way of life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light

Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me

I can't find, oh the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal

THE VIDEO



1 comment:

yoruosu12 said...

Hey!

I love yours too,

Here's the title and url

Breaking Barriers
htt[://yoruosu12.blogspot.com

Let's ex-links! Keep up blogging.