Breakpoints

RANDOM BLOG POSTS

22.12.07

Memorable dreams

I'd like to share you some of my unforgettable dreams I had them when I was growing up and also of the most recent ones. All of them baffles me up to this day, and I am still clueless what's their meaning.


According to Wikipedia dreams consists of images, thoughts and feelings experienced while asleep. Their contents and/or purpose are poorly understood, but until now have been a topic of speculation and interest since the very beginning.

(1) Flying contagious superhero

I dreamt of being a caped crusader with the ability to fly and when I touch bystanders they're immediately transformed into my clone and followed me flying all over the city. According to a website I found, flying is an expression of our desire to break free of restrictions and limitations. A desire to be free and above all difficulties and the desire to dominate and be above others. It makes sense because during that time in my life I was not that out to my family yet.


(2) My own wake

It's eerie to dream about a wake when the one inside the coffin is you. The dream starts with me walking in a throng of mourners wearing the black mourning clothes and as I pass by them they turn to me as if they can see me but with no expression at all. Actually the faces of the people were unknown to me but later on in my life I got to know them one by one and remembered that I saw them in this dream. If the meaning of this dream is an end to one thing and a beginning of another it is safe to assume it is also related to my coming out.


(3) Going to work naked

I also had this freakish dream most recently where I went to work (imagine this!!!) on the buff. It started without a shirt first, then the next day my pants were off and finally with only my hand covering my thingie. Although I didn't minded even though my neighbors were looking at me only in my birthday suit. The dream analysis said that this is an expression of my unwillingness to let people see the "real" me and that unconsciously encouraging me to become more open with my feelings and more accessible emotionally. To which I say it's next to impossible since here in DR they're a little bigoted in these sort of stuffs and I'm not about to jeopardize my position if I come out to them.




No comments: